- Amstrong, C. 2008. ACOG Guidelines on Psychiatric Medication Use During Pregnancy and Lactation. Am Fam Physician; 78(6):772-778.
- Eberhard-Gran, MM, et al. 2006. Use of psychotropic medications in treating mood disorders during lactation: practical recommendations. CNS Drugs; 20(3):187-98.
- Frey, OR, et al. 1999. Adverse effects in a newborn infant breast-fed by a mother treated with doxepin. Ann Pharmacother; 33(6):690-3.
- Havard, A, et al. 2021.Medications Used Disproportionately During Pregnancy: Priorities for Research on the Risks and Benefits of Medications When Used During Pregnancy. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf; 30(1):53-64.
- Iqbal, M. 1999. Effects of Antidepressants During Pregnancy and Lactation. Ann Clin Psychiatry; 11(4):237-56.
- Kirchheiner, J, et al. 2005. Impact of the CYP2D6 ultra-rapid metabolizer genotype on doxepin pharmacokinetics and serotonin in platelets. Pharmacogenet Genomics; 15(8):579–87.
- Miller, M, et al. 2020. Sleep Pharmacotherapy for Common Sleep Disorders in Pregnancy and Lactation. Chest; 157(1):184-197.
- Steiner, M. 2012. Prenatal exposure to antidepressants: how safe are they? Am J Psychiatry; 169(11): 1130–1132.
- Venkatesh, KK, et al. 2017. Impact of antidepressant treatment during pregnancy on obstetric outcomes among women previously treated for depression: an observational cohort study. J Perinatol; 37(9):1003-1009.