- Aselton P, et al. 1985. First-trimester drug use and congenital disorders. Obstet Gynecol 65(4):451-455.
- Diav-Citrin O, et al. 2003. Pregnancy outcome after gestational exposure to loratadine or antihistamines: a prospective controlled cohort study. J Allergy Clin Immunol 111(6):1239-1243.
- Gilboa SM, et al. 2009. National Birth Defects Prevention Study: Use of antihistamine medications during early pregnancy and isolated major malformations. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85(2):137-150.
- Hellbom E. 2005. Chlorpheniramine, selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and over-the-counter (OTC) treatment. Med Hypotheses. ;66(4):689-90.
- Ito S, et al. 1993. Prospective follow-up of adverse reactions in breast-fed infants exposed to maternal medication. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 168:1393-1399.
- Jick H, et al. 1981: First-trimester drug use and congenital disorders. JAMA 246(4):343-346.
- Li Q et al. 2013. Assessment of antihistamine use in early pregnancy and birth defects. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 1(6):666-74.
- Nelson MM and Forfar JJ. 1971. Associations between drugs administered during pregnancy and congenital abnormalities of the fetus. Br Med J. 1;523-527.