- Amstron C. 2008. ACOG Guidelines on Psychiatric Medication Use During Pregnancy and Lactation. Am Fam Physician; 78(6):772-778.
- Eberhard-Gran M, et al. 2006. Use of psychotropic medications in treating mood disorders during lactation: practical recommendations. CNS Drugs. 20(3):187-98.
- Frey OR, et al. 1999. Adverse effects in a newborn infant breast-fed by a mother treated with doxepin. Ann Pharmacother; 33(6):690-3.
- Iqbal MM. 1999. Effects of Antidepressants During Pregnancy and Lactation. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 11(4):237-56.
- Kirchheiner J, et al. 2005. Impact of the CYP2D6 ultra-rapid metabolizer genotype on doxepin pharmacokinetics and serotonin in platelets. Pharmacogenet. Genomics; 15(8):579–87.
- Steiner M. 2012. Prenatal exposure to antidepressants: how safe are they? Am J Psychiatry; 169(11): 1130–1132.
- Venkatesh KK, et al. 2017. Impact of antidepressant treatment during pregnancy on obstetric outcomes among women previously treated for depression: an observational cohort study. J Perinatol; 37(9):1003-1009.