- Broussard CS, et al. 2011. National Birth Defects Prevention Study: Maternal treatment with opioid analgesics and risk for birth defects. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 204(4):314.e1–
- Cohen RS 2009. Fentanyl transdermal analgesia during pregnancy and lactation. J Hum Lact, 25(3):359-361.
- Fishman B, et al. 2019. Pregnancy outcome following opioid exposure: A cohort study. PLoS One 14(7): e0219061.
- Larson JJ, et al. 2019. Cognitive and behavioral impact on children exposed to opioids during pregnancy. Pediatrics 144(2): e20190514.
- Lind JN, et al. 2017. Maternal use of opioids during pregnancy and congenital malformations: A systemic review. Pediatrics 139(6):e20164131.
- Nitsun M, et al. 2006. Pharmacokinetics of midazolam, propofol, and fentanyl transfer to human breast milk. Clin Pharmacol Ther, 79(6):549-557.
- Regan J, et al. 2000. Neonatal abstinence syndrome due to prolonged administration of fentanyl in pregnancy. Br J Obstet Gynecol, 107:570-572.
- Yazdy MM, et al. 2013. Periconceptional use of opioids and the risk of neural tube defects. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 122(4):838–844.