- Aselton P, et al. 1985. First-trimester drug use and congenital disorders. Obstet Gynecol 65:451-5.
- Check J, et al. 1982. Improvement of cervical mucus factor with guaifenesin. Fertility and Sterility, 37(5): 707-708.
- Dicpinigattis, P. & Gayke, Y. 2003. Effects of guaifenesin on cough reflex and sensitivity. Chest Journal, 126(6): 2178-2181.
- Heinonen OP, et al. 1977. Birth defects and drugs in pregnancy. Littleton, MA: Publishing Sciences Group.
- Means G, et al. 2010. Guaifenesin and increased sperm motility: a preliminary case report. Int J Gen Med, 4: 13-14.
- Shaw G, et al. 1998. Maternal illness, including fever, and medication use as risk factors for neural tube defects. Teratology, 57: 1-7.
- Silva R, Lee J, et al. 2007. Is guaifenesin safe during pregnancy? J. Family Practice 56 (8): 669-670.
- Briggs GG, et al. 2017. Drugs in pregnancy and lactation: a reference guide to fetal and neonatal risk. 11th ed.