- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. 2021. ACOG Practice Bulletin no 230: Obesity in Pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol.137(6),p e128–e144
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. 2013. ACOG Committee opinion no. 548: Weight Gain During Pregnancy. Available at: https://www.acog.org/-/media/Committee-Opinions/Committee-on-Obstetric-Practice/co548.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20180102T2046334047
- Amiri and Ramezani Tehrani F. 2020. Potential Adverse Effects of Female and Male Obesity on Fertility: A Narrative Review. Int J Endocrinol Metab. 18(3): e101776.
- Cai GJ, et al. 2014. Association between maternal body mass index and congenital heart defects in offspring: a systematic review. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 211(2):91-117.
- Catalano PM and Shankar K 2017. Obesity and pregnancy: mechanisms of short term and long term adverse consequences for mother and child. BMJ 356:j1.
- Gilboa SM, et al. 2010. Association between prepregnancy body mass index and congenital heart defects. Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:51.e1-10.
- Huang l, et al. 2014. Maternal prepregnancy obesity and child neurodevelopment in the Collaborative Perinatal Project. Int. J Epidemiol. 43(3):783-92.
- Johnson J, et al. 2013. Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health; Human Development (NICHD) Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units (MFMU) Network. Pregnancy outcomes with weight gain above or below the 2009 Institute of Medicine guidelines. Obstet Gynecol. 121(5):969-75.
- Persson M, et al. 2017. Risk of major congenital malformations in relation to maternal overweight and obesity severity: cohort study of 1.2 million singletons. BMJ 357:j2563.
- Stothard KJ,et al. 2009. Maternal overweight and obesity and the risk of congenital anomalies: a systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA. 11;301(6):636-50.
- Stubert J, et al. 2018. The risks associated with obesity in pregnancy. Dtsch Arztebl Int 115(16):276-283.
- Tanda L, et al. 2013. The impact of prepregnancy obesity on children’s cognitive test scores. Matern Child Health J. 17:222-229.
- Wang et al. 2021. Does obesity based on body mass index affect semen quality?-A meta-analysis and systematic review from the general population rather than the infertile population.