MotherToBaby has developed fact sheets for a number of different opioids/narcotics. Please visit the fact sheets below for information on the effects of these agents during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- Buprenorphine: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/buprenorphine/pdf/
- Codeine: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/codeine/pdf/
- Fentanyl: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/fentanyl/pdf/
- Heroin: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/heroin/pdf/
- Hydrocodone: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/hydrocodone/pdf/
- Hydromorphone: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/hydromorphone/pdf/
- Methadone: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/methadone/pdf/
- Morphine: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/morphine/pdf/
- Oxycodone: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/oxycodone/pdf/
- Tramadol: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/tramadol/pdf/
If you have questions about an opioid that is not included in the above list, please contact our experts for free, confidential, up-to-date information.
CALL (toll-free): (866) 626-6847
TEXT (std messaging rates may apply): (855) 999-3525
EMAIL & LIVE CHAT: https://mothertobaby.org/contact-expert/
OTIS/MotherToBaby encourages inclusive and person-centered language. While our name still contains a reference to mothers, we are updating our resources with more inclusive terms. Use of the term mother or maternal refers to a person who is pregnant. Use of the term father or paternal refers to a person who contributes sperm.