- Aselton P, et al. 1985. First-trimester drug use and congenital disorders. Obstet Gynecol, 65:451-455.
- Cao Y, et al. 2021. Maternal use of cough medications during early pregnancy and selected birth defects: a US multisite, case–control study. BMJ Open, 11:e053604.
- Einarson A, et al. 2001. The safety of dextromethorphan in pregnancy: Results of a controlled study. Chest, 119(2):466-9.
- Heinonen OP, et al. 1977. Birth Defects and Drugs in Pregnancy. Littleton, Mass.: John Wright-PSG, page 382.
- Martinez-Frias ML, et al. 2001. Epidemiologic analysis of prenatal exposure to cough medicines containing dextromethorphan: no evidence of human teratogenicity. Teratology, 63(1): 38-41.
- Shum S, et al. 2021. Infant dextromethorphan and dextrorphan exposure via breast milk from mothers who are CYP2D6 extensive metabolizers. J Clin Pharmacol, 1-9.
- Ward KE. 2005. Can Robitussin DM be used to treat cough during pregnancy? Med Health RI, 88(3):99-100.