- Briggs G, et al. 2015. “Dextromethorphan” in Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation, 10th Philadelphia. Wolters Kluwer Health, pg . 385.
- Einarson A, et al. 2001. The safety of dextromethorphan in pregnancy: results of a controlled study. Chest. 119(2):466-9.
- Martinez-Frias ML, et al. 2001. Epidemiologic analysis of prenatal exposure to cough medicines containing dextromethorphan: no evidence of human teratogenicity. Teratology. 63(1): 38-41.
- Schaefer C, et al. 2015. “Antiallergics, antiasthmatics and antitussives” in Drugs during Pregnancy and Lactation: Treatment Options and Risk Assessment, 3rd, edited by Paul Merlob and Corinna Weber-Schondorfer. Amsterdam. Elsevier, pg. 675-676.
- Ward KE. 2005. Can Robitussin DM be used to treat cough during pregnancy? Med Health RI. 88(3):99-100.