- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022. Clinical considerations for monkeypox in people who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Available at URL: https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/clinicians/pregnancy.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022. Monkeypox. Available at URL: https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/index.html
- Jamieson DJ, et al. 2004. The role of the obstetrician–gynecologist in emerging infectious diseases: monkeypox and pregnancy. Obstetrics & Gynecology 103(4):754-756.
- Khalil A, et al. 2022. Monkeypox and pregnancy: what do obstetricians need to know? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. Published online June 2, 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/uog.24968.
- Kisalu NK and Mokili JL. 2017. Toward understanding the outcomes of monkeypox infection in human pregnancy. J Infectious Diseases 216(7):795–797.
- Mbala PK, et al. 2017. Maternal and fetal outcomes among pregnant women with human monkeypox infection in the Democratic Republic of Congo. J Infectious Diseases 216(7):824-828.
- Nishiura H. 2009. Maternal outcomes in pregnancy with smallpox: epidemiologic investigations of case fatality, miscarriage and premature birth based on previous outbreaks. In: Canfield RN, ed. Infectious Pregnancy Complications. Nova Science Publishers, Inc.; 2009:407-420.