- Committee on Drugs. American Academy of Pediatrics. 2001. The transfer of drugs and other chemicals into human milk. Pediatrics 108:776-789.
- Cazzola M, et al. 2002. Clinical pharmacokinetics of salmeterol. Clin Pharmacokinet; 41(1):19-30.
- Cossette B, et al. 2014. Relative perinatal safety of salmeterol vs formoterol and fluticasone vs budesonide use during pregnancy. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 112(5): 459-464.
- GlaxoSmithKline LLC. 2020. Serevent diskus prescribing information.
- Jones KL, et al. 2002. Salmeterol use and pregnancy outcomes: a prospective multi-center study. J Allergy Clin Immunol 109:S156.
- Lim A, et al. 2011 Systematic review of the safety of regular preventive asthma medications during pregnancy. Ann Pharmacother. Jul;45(7-8):931-45.
- National Asthma Education and Prevention Program. Working Group. 2004. Report on managing asthma during pregnancy: Recommendations for pharmacologic treatment. Update 2004. NIH publication NO.05-5236. Bethesda, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services; National Institutes of Health; National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
- Taddio A, Ito S. 2001. Drugs and breast-feeding. In: Koren G, ed. Maternal-fetal toxicology. A clinician’s guide. 3rd ed. New York: Marcel Dekker, 177-32.
- Wilton LV, et al. 1998. The outcomes of pregnancy in women exposed to newly marketed drugs in general practice in England. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 105:882-889.