For Health Professionals
As a healthcare provider who treats pregnant and breastfeeding women and women of reproductive age, you’re well-aware of the challenges in making treatment decisions for patients who are pregnant, could become pregnant, or are nursing. Animal-only data and limited case reports may create dilemmas for you when counseling some of your female patients about the medications they may need to take for their medical conditions. But there is good news: we can help. MotherToBaby has easy-to-find fact sheets on many medications and their use during pregnancy and lactation. These fact sheets are patient-friendly and contain up-to-date, evidence-based information. For the questions you have that aren’t addressed by our fact sheets, we’re just a phone call – text – email – chat away.
- Healthcare Provider FAQs
- Ongoing Studies
- Brochures, Flyers & Posters
- Meetings & Events
Check Out Our Healthcare Provider FAQs
Learn more about our organization, the service we provide, the research studies we are conducting, and how we can help you and your patients.
We’re sure you will agree that there are gaps in our knowledge when it comes to medication safety in pregnancy. Our MotherToBaby Pregnancy Studies aim to provide this much-needed information to healthcare providers and patients alike. To do so, we need your help – please consider referring a pregnant patient to our Pregnancy Studies today.
Our studies are observational, which means your patient will not be asked to take any medications or vaccines or change any part of her routine. Women self-enroll, so after you refer a patient, nothing further is required from you.
To refer a patient now, click here and provide the information requested; your patient will then be contacted by one of our information specialists. To learn more about our Ongoing Studies, follow the link below.
Request Brochures, Flyers & Posters
Literature for Your Office: MotherToBaby offers FREE brochures, posters, and flyers for your office. To order materials, simply follow the link below and fill out the form.
SAVE THE DATE! MotherToBaby will join the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine and the Teratology Society in co-hosting a free two-part webinar series for healthcare providers on current trends in research with pregnant and lactating women; topics include the recent Task Force on Research Specific to Pregnant and Lactating Women (PRGLAC) report, exposure registries, and PregSource, NIH’s new crowdsourcing project. The webinar series is free to join!
PART 1: Thursday, January 17th from 1pm-1:30 ET
Current and Future Trends in Research with Pregnant and Lactating Women (Part 1)
To join: http://eventcenter.commpartners.com/se/Rd/Mt.aspx?352676
PART 2: Tuesday, January 29th from 12pm-12:30p ET
Using Registries and Crowdsourcing to Conduct Research with Pregnant and Lactating Women (Part 2)
Registration information coming soon!
Registration is now OPEN for the 32nd Annual Education Meeting for the Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS), which will be held June 22-25, 2019 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina.
- Register before May 15th to receive early bird rates!
- Apply for a scholarship to support your attendance! To be eligible, you must be an OTIS/MotherToBaby Member in good standing as of February 15th, 2019. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 10th, 2019.
- Reserve your hotel accommodations at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina! Reservations are first come, first serve and must be made no later than Friday, May 31, 2019. Reservations can also be made by calling 877-734-2726. Please make sure to reference the Teratology Society to receive reduced room rates. All rates are subject to applicable taxes, currently 12.7%. The resort fee has been waived for the group. The room rates are based on single/double occupancy. There is no charge for children 18 years and under occupying the same room as their parents.
- Submit an abstract! Abstract submissions are due on February 15th, 2019. Please send the completed abstract submissions form to Mara Gaudette, MS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit the OTIS Annual Meeting Website.
Come Visit Us!
MotherToBaby experts exhibit and present at many national and international scientific events. Come visit us at the following meetings and events:
February 7-9, 2019
2019 Crohn’s & Colitis Congress
Bellagio Las Vegas – Las Vegas, NV – Booth #TBA
February 11-16, 2019
SMFM: Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine Annual Pregnancy Meeting
Caesar’s Palace – Las Vegas, NV – Booth #TBA
February 17-22, 2019
Skin Disease Education Foundation’s Hawaii Dermatology Seminar
Hilton Waikoloa Village – The Big Island, HI – Booth #TBA
February 22-25, 2019
AAAAI: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Annual Meeting
Moscone Center South – San Francisco, CA – Booth #TBA