Benefits of OTIS Membership
The Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS) is a professional scientific society made up of individuals engaged in assessing and evaluating risks to pregnancy and breastfeeding from environmental exposures. Members include, but are not limited to, specialists in the fields of: obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, genetics, dysmorphology, perinatal epidemiology, teratology, behavioral teratology, pharmacy, genetic counseling, nursing, midwifery, maternal and child health, public health, and includes experts that provide MotherToBaby services and researchers that conduct MotherToBaby Pregnancy Studies.
OTIS welcomes as a new member anyone with a commitment to understanding the effects of environmental agents in maternal and fetal/infant health, the prevention of negative pregnancy outcomes, including birth defects, and the communication of evidence-based information about medications and other environmental exposures in pregnancy and lactation.
The many benefits of OTIS membership include:
- Opportunities for ongoing training
- Access to expertise of the OTIS membership via the OTIS listserv, a forum through which questions about complex or difficult exposure scenarios can be posed to an international community of experts in the field of teratology
- Expanding the availability of high quality patient information on exposures in pregnancy and lactation by contributing authorship of OTIS/MotherToBaby fact sheets
- Discounted registrations for the OTIS Annual Meeting and the European Network of Teratology Information Services (ENTIS) annual meeting
- Opportunities to participate in OTIS’ dynamic research program which is dedicated to providing more comprehensive safety data for medications and vaccines used in pregnancy and the impact of chronic maternal conditions during pregnancy
- Collaborating with OTIS and ENTIS world-renowned experts on original research, and helping guide future research endeavors
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Genetic Counselors who attend the annual meeting
- Providing direction for OTIS through committee membership and other leadership positions
- For members affiliated with MotherToBaby services
- Reimbursement for study referrals
- Serving as an OTIS research coordinator