- Aharon, D. 1998. Pharmacology of Leukotriene receptor antagonist. American Journal of Respirator Critical Care Medicine. 157; 214-219
- Bakhireva, LN et al. 2007. Safety of leukotriene receptor antagonists in pregnancy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 119; 618-625
- Cavero-Carbonell C, et al. 2017. Fetal exposure to montelukast and congenital anomialies : A population based study in Denmark. Birth Defects Res. 109(6):452-459.
- Datta P, et al. 2017. Transfer of Montelukast into Human Milk During Lactation. Breastfeed Med. 12:54-7.
- Merck Research Laboratories: Fourteenth Annual Report on exposures during pregnancy from the Merck Pregnancy Registry for SINGULAIR (montelukast sodium) covering the period from U.S. approval (February 20,1998) through July 3, 2012. Merck Research Labs, West Point, PA. www.merckpregnancyregistries.com
- Nelsen LM et al. 2012. Congenital malformations among infants born to women receiving montelukast, inhaled corticosteroids, and other asthma medications. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 129(1):251-4.e1-6.
- Sarkar M, et al. 2009. Montelukast use during pregnancy: a multicentre, prospective, comparative study of infant outcomes Eur J Clin Pharmacol.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI). 2000. The use of newer asthma and allergy medications during pregnancy. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 84:475-80.